Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Activity Analysis for stretching


 I don’t know why but I always feel extra stiff in the morning, so in order to wake up and get my body ready for the day I stretch. I call it amateur yoga because I know nothing about yoga, but it is a must that I get loosened up for the day especially being a mom of one and a very young and recent stepmom of three. As my starting position, I sit up on the side of the bed in an upright position with my arms fully adducted by my side in anatomical position. I then raise my arms toward the ceiling. So, the plane of motion happening at the shoulder joint is in the frontal plane about the sagittal axis. The osteokinematics for the shoulder joint is adduction to abduction in an open kinematic chain. In terms of the arthrokinematics, the humerus (convex) is rolling superiorly and glides inferiorly on the glenoid fossa (concave). Lastly, the prime mover for abduction of the shoulders are the deltoids which performs a concentric action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thomas' Tourette's

I watched a Ted Talk about a guy named Thomas White who has Tourette's Syndrome. I highly recommend anyone to watch this video as he exp...