Monday, May 25, 2020

Interesting, Might I Ad!


So, I was trying to think of a popular ad, and it seems like every time I purposely try to think of something like a song, or anything specific, nothing comes to mind. So, I decided to look up popular ads, but then I thought they were too popular, so I went for something that I was wanting to connect with personally. A certain emotion I wanted to feel, and so that is what I searched and came up with... an ad that fit me. At the bottom I will post a link if you would like to watch it. In the ad, there are three individuals that are feeling stressed about just everyday life, and one trying to fall asleep. All three were wanting to experience some relaxation. This is something that I can relate to on a daily basis, and I may even get the app that they were advertising! Anyhow, in the nervous system you have your CNS and your PNS. The PNS (peripheral nervous system) connects the CNS (central nervous system) to the rest of the body. The PNS divides into the somatic (voluntary movement) and autonomic system (involuntary movement). The autonomic nervous system further divides into the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems. I believe that this specific ad kicks both subdivisions into work. In the beginning there is immediate over stimulation, which quickly made my heart rate race a little because I could easily relate to the stressors given which is the sympathetic nervous system at play. It is your fight or flight response. Now, quickly into the ad they switch gears and advertise this app on the phone to help you relax and get away from all those stressors and connect with yourself again. This is where your parasympathetic nervous system comes into play. It is responsible for lowering your heart rate and blood pressure and bringing your body back down from a stress induced state. It is your rest and digest response. Both are very important and imperative. I hope this "Ads" to your knowledge!

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/dEi1/calm-reduce-your-stress


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thomas' Tourette's

I watched a Ted Talk about a guy named Thomas White who has Tourette's Syndrome. I highly recommend anyone to watch this video as he exp...