Saturday, May 9, 2020

"Man from the South"

The daily routine of the soldier (with all fingers intact) would be normal in doing the very things he enjoyed. Now, had he taken the bet and lost, certain occupations would certainly be affected like specific sailor duties possibly pulling up a rope, or simply even grabbing a drink. His sense of gripping things would be decreased because that is a big function of the pinky finger. The wife of the of man betting against the soldier, I am sure that her daily routines are very difficult with only having a couple fingers, such as washing dishes, or even driving. I believe most of everything would be difficult and need to be modified in some way to improve function. Depending on what fingers were still intact, which I know the thumb was but I am unsure of the other one that was left, a way that washing dishes could be modified would be wearing a special glove that fit her hand with scrubbers/grippers on them to sufficiently grip the dishes and wash them as well.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! I enjoyed reading your blog post! I was also thinking along the lines of her iADL's being disrupted. Wearing a special glove on the hand that is missing fingers would help tremendously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amanda, I really like the points you brought up on your post! I like how you pointed out occupations really specific to the soldier like pulling a rope but then also really basic occupations that everyone does like holding a cup that would be more difficult with the loss of a pinky.

    ReplyDelete

Thomas' Tourette's

I watched a Ted Talk about a guy named Thomas White who has Tourette's Syndrome. I highly recommend anyone to watch this video as he exp...